Tuesday 6 April 2010

Wroxeter roman ruins















Typical British Bank Holiday Monday!! Cold & extremely windy........ but no rain so it could have been worse!

I had to go to the shop where I work to take my boss her birthday present & card from all her staff so we decided to have a treat & go to McDonalds for lunch.....tut tut I know. Just on a whim I suggested we go to Wroxeter as its very local. I've always wanted to go back there as its a fascinating place. The last time I was there was about 9 or 10 years ago in the summertime & I was on my own with my sketchbook. It was very sunny & very hot. There was no shelter - I cant remember there being a visitor centre then but I'm probably wrong. By the time I got back to Bridgnorth I had to sit with cold wet towels on my back to try & soothe the sunburn....... ouch!!


The conditions were completely different yesterday as you can see :(





1 comment:

  1. The photos still look great :-) Hope you had a fab time! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love comments so fire away!!