just found this Christmas list of questions on Rachels blog
1. Wrapping paper or giftbags? mostly paper & ribbon but sometimes a bag
2. Real tree or artificial? artificial - I can't be doing with the needles!!
3. When do you put up the tree? as soon as possible - end of November this year
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day! fed up of it by then lol
5. Favourite gift received as a child? Teeny Tiny Tears doll
6. Hardest person to buy for? my Dad - plays golf & loves red wine - boring! (sorry Dad)
7. Easiest person to buy for? have to say my Mum as she only ever wants "nice shower gel"
8. Mail or email Christmas cards? I could never send an email card :( not personal enough
9. Favourite Christmas movie? 'Its a Wonderful Life'
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start picking up stocking fillers in November
11. Have you ever recycled a present? No
12. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Boxing Day lunch of cold turkey/beef with pickles ....... mmmmmm yum!!
13. Coloured or clear lights on the tree? clear
14. Favourite Christmas song? I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizard
15. Travel or stay at home for Christmas? travel 10 miles to my parents for lunch!! it used to be 70 miles when we lived in Leicestershire & we would stay a few days.
16. Angel, star or ribbon on the top of the tree? Angel on main tree & a star on the other!
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? oh Christmas morning of course :0)
18. Most annoying thing about this time of year? having to work in a card & gift shop - madness!!
19. What do you want for Christmas? I would love an iphone but it aint gonna happen! :(
20. Traditional red/green or modern colours for decorating? trad in living room & modern in dining room
I had great fun doing this list so why don't you have a go? Thanks for the questions Rachel!
Tuesday, 7 December 2010
Goodness! Its the 7th of December already & this is the first blog this month ..... eek!!
We (in the UK) have all had snow in various depths over the last couple of weeks. I love snow :) but now we seem to be stuck with old snow that cant thaw yet because of the crazy air temperatures. Yesterday & last night we had freezing fog & we woke to a beautiful 'winterscape' with everything covered in an amazing hoar frost. I couldnt resist taking some photos on the way back from taking Jake to school this morning but I didnt hang around too long!! Brrrrr
The pools are frozen over still - I wonder where do the ducks & geese go??
The downside of all this prettiness is the paths are now treacherous so I walked on the roads where I could!! Or failing that tried to keep on the snow on the grass where it isnt compacted. I managed to maintain my dignity thank goodness & stayed upright lol :))
Sadly (but predictably) Im already behind with my JYC project :(( though I do hope to find some time tomorrow before I go to work.
Hope you all stay vertical on the pavements xx :)