Wednesday 11 November 2009

Remembrance Day


I forgot! I didnt even realise it was the 11th today!!


We had a 2 minute silence at the shopping centre & for the first time that I can remember the 'Last Post' was played over the centres loudspeaker system & everybody stood still. I was almost weeping with the emotions that come over me whenever I hear the 'Last Post'. I managed to control myself by grabbing a spare piece of silver ribbon off one of the displays behind me & quietly pulling it to shreds!!
The chap pictured is my 2xGreat Uncle Norman who joined the Manchester Pals Regiment in Manchester.
R.I.P


3 comments:

  1. I found our 2 minutes silence at school today especially moving too - as in the class of 13 yr olds - 2 of our boys stood and saluted for the duration of the silence - I was so proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post - loving the Remembrance Day posts on the blog train. I posted one of my Dad who served in WWII.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't listen to the Last Post without shedding a tear, it was played at my brothers funeral.
    Lovely remembrance of your great great Uncle

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love comments so fire away!!